Net.Create offers simultaneous data entry with error-checking and visualization
Simultanous Data Entry
Simultaneous data entry does several things:
- In a classroom environment, Net.Create allows collaboration at two levels: the local group level and the whole-class level. This lets small groups of students familiarize themselves with one small part of a network while simultaneously contributing their local expertise to a larger network.
- In both research and classroom environments, simultaneous data entry lets teams agree on coding practices (node and edge types), audit the application of network coding schema live, make efficient use of data entry time by re-using nodes entered by another user, and address ambiguous or duplicate nodes in real time.
Live visualization does several things:
- In a classroom environment, Net.Create allows students to see the network to which they’re contributing, use the larger network to guide their local learning and data entry, and take ownership of their contributions.
- In both research and classroom environments, live visualization provides real-time feedback, error checking, and preliminary analysis.
Extensible Support for Standardized Coding Practices
- Net.Create’s easily modifiable menus and attributes are also immediately visible in both visual and tabular-data form so that teams can quickly decide on standard network coding practices and apply those coding practices consistently.
Integration with Other Network Analysis Packages
- Net.Create tracks its data in standard node/edge tables that can be exported to Gephi, Cytoscape, and other standard network analysis packages that support more sophisticated statistical analysis but lack support for easy team-based data-entry